Everything a buyer needs to know to buy a first home, with insider tips and advice from the experts!
Rental prices have gone through the roof, more homes are coming up for sale, and buying a home remains a sound investment. But how do you know whether you’re ready? And what steps should you take in the weeks or months ahead to find, buy, and move into your new home? Nolo’s Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home will help you find the right place to live and invest in — and enjoy the process, too.
Filled with interesting facts, real-life stories and insights, and common pitfalls to avoid, this book provides everything you need to select the right type of home, the right mortgage, the right agent, the right inspections — and much more. Get the inside scoop on:
- deciding between a house, condo, co-op or townhouse
- exploring your local market for the best value
- creating and managing a realistic homebuying budget
- qualifying for and securing loan financing
- getting the right inspections and insurance
- negotiating with sellers or new home builders
- successfully closing the deal
Read through the real-world experiences of over 20 first-time homebuyers, as well as valuable insights from a team of 13 real estate professionals, including:
- real estate brokers
- attorneys who specialize in real estate
- a home inspector
- a neighborhood researcher
- a mortgage specialist
- and more!
The brand new edition of Nolo’s Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home is fully updated to reflect the dramatically changed U.S. housing market, with emphasis on how to assess the state of your local market and local homes’ true worth before making an offer and negotiating the terms of the deal. Download forms for book at nolo.com