A mortgage banker and former realtor reveals the secrets of the mortgage process… You can save yourself hundreds — maybe even thousands of dollars — by arming yourself with the information you’ll find in this book. W. Frazier Bell, a longtime mortgage banking industry insider, trainer, and former realtor, demystifies the mortgage lending process. In plain language, he explains everything you’ll need to know to get the right loan at the right price from the right lender. Once you understand the process, you’ll know how to save time and money. In How to Get the Best Home Loan, you will discover clear, nontechnical explanations of such topics as:
- Why Do Lenders Do the Things They Do?
- Cash — Trying to Beat the Rules
- When Bad Credit Can Be Forgiven
- L-T-V (Loan-to-Value) Means R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- The ABCs of FRMs, ARMs, FHAs, GEMs, and TILs
- The Different Types of Properties
- The Different Types of Lenders — the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Packed with real-life examples, proven advice, sample forms, and hard-won experience, this comprehensive guide will help you make intelligent, informed decisions about getting a mortgage.